To provide technological leadership in the management and distribution of information by providing excellent and cost effective products and services to serve the best interest and to achieve the goals of St. Vincent Electricity Services Limited.
The Information Systems Department oversees all ICT related matters in the Company. Our systems afford our customers the luxury of security, accuracy, short transaction time, state-of-the-art features and functionality. The system is very scalable and is kept up-to-date.
The Department is headed by the Manager, Information Systems and served by a staff of six individuals. These individuals are dedicated to providing the highest level of service and most pleasant experience to both our internal and external customers.
The Functions of the IS Department are:
- Department management, Analysis , System design and Security
- Database administration and Management reporting
- Help desk, Desktop support /Computer operations
- Telephone system administration
- Server administration: Hardware / Software installation, Maintenance, Upgrades
- Network administration, Systems development and Technical services
- Documentation and training
Some systems currently in operation are:
- Consumer Information System
- Financial Accounting Systems
- Work Management System
- HR/Payroll Systems
- Geographic Information System
- Supervisory Control And Data Acquisition (SCADA)
- Voice Over Internet Protocol (VOIP)